most medical problems require the service of a VET
1. Gas X - (infant gas drops) use to relieve bloat and gas ---> 1 to 2 drops every hour up to 4 hours
2. Pedia Lax - (infant stools softener) use to relieve hard stools / constipation
3. Motrin - (infant ibuprofen) - use for mild to moderate pain ---> 1 drop for squirrels 2 mths and older
4. Kaopectate - use to stop mild diarrhea (please see vet to determine cause of) does NOT cure it
5. Tums (with calcium) - use to stop Seizures & treat MBD (temporary fix) see link for more info MBD
6. Mineral Oil - use to remove mites and their debris from ears ---> Rub on ear then Gentle Rub off
7. Benadryl - (children's formula) use to deal with itching and allergic reactions ---> call your VET
8. Molasses or Syrup - can help when lethargic from lack of eating (low blood sugar) and after a Seizure
9. Vetri-DMG - homepathic booster for both the neurological and immune system ---> NOT for HUMANS!
10. Activated Charcoal - for poisoning, binds to toxins to prevent stomach and intestinal absorption
11. IPECAC - used to induce vomiting when needed -------> but rarely used
12. Bach Rescue Remedy - used to calm the animal before a vet visit or when having their teeth trimmed
13. Diatomaceous Earth (DE) - Flea and Worm control for in door and out door squirrels (natural / safe)
14. Capstar - used to treat maggots in wounded squirrels - 1/4 tablet crushed given in water - ASAP!!
15. Fish Tapes (Praziquantel) - used to rid a squirrel of tapeworms. Dose and amount based on weight.
DAWN DISH SOAP - 2 months & under, wash and dry completely ---> keep warm!
REVOLUTION - 8 weeks & older (1 drop of kitten formula) between shoulder blade (good for 1 month)
1. Baytril - a broad spectrum antibiotic, but BEST for Pneumonia and Cat Caught Squirrels
2. Chloro - old school rodent antibiotic that is being used again for new bugs immune to Baytril
3. Flagyl - used to get rid of Giardia - a butt kicking medication!! ---> Don't leave Home with out IT
4. DEX - Steroid, used to treat head trauma & reduce swelling - may prevent neurological damage
5. Metacam - used to treat pain in small animals ---> Vet will dose per weight of each animal
6. SMZ-TMP (bactrim) (sulfatrim) - A good antibiotic for wounds and infections - gentle on UTI's
7. Prednisone - Steroid, used to reduce swelling and problems after a fall..... given for 5 to 7 days